So I haven’t been able to write much the last week or two, but that happens when you have a new job and a three month old! 🙂 But I’m back and ready to share with you my Top Ten Favorite Book Covers Of Books I’ve Read!
1. Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
I liked the covers of the Matched trilogy by Ally Condie for so many reasons. First, I liked that as the trilogy progressed the girl on the cover (Cassia presumably) is breaking out of the bubble. Slowly at first, but then by the end she is free and confident. I also liked that the covers were red, green, and blue just like the colors of the pills in the novel. I thought that the covers were just so well thought out!
2. Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
This is actually a book I am currently reading, but about 80% of the reason I picked this book up in the first place is because of the cover (the other 20% is because it’s about espionage).
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I can’t really tell you why I like this cover, but it’s a great one!
4. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
I like the scary/romantic feeling of this cover. If you haven’t read the trilogy you are probably wondering how those two things go together. But trust me if you read it the cover actually makes perfect sense!
5. Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick (This is a junior fiction title…but I love it!)
Everything about this book is just breathtaking in my opinion! And as much as I like this cover the illustrations inside are incredible!
6. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
This book has two covers, but I specifically love the one with the eye. I think it is such an intriguing cover!
7. Heist Society by Ally Carter
I think the girl on the cover looks like she is up to something and I want to know what!
Okay…these last three I haven’t actually read yet, but I really, really want to!
8. The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine
I like the innocence of these two little girls holding hands in a time filled with such hate and ignorance. Kids really are awesome!
9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I like this book because of the cyborg leg. I didn’t even realize it was there the first time I saw the book cover online. Then I saw the book in the store and I was like what is that? Once I saw it was a cyborg Cinderella type story I was sold.
10. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman
Check out other Top Ten Tuesday posts at The Broke and the Bookish!